Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!!

"It is much easier to become a father than to be one."  ~Kent Nerburn


That quote is so so special to me because it describes my Daddy. No, I do not have any of his blood, DNA, or genetics but he has and always will be my Daddy. I, like Kaylee, early on knew how to work people and if my mama said "no," (which rarely happened) I knew that Dad would not say "no," from tricycles to bicycles to college classes. Now that I'm an adult he likes to play, "tough guy," by telling me his hard life stories about how he "walked to school in the snow barefeet up hill both ways," YES my Dad is one of those! He is a tough guy who several times a week without me asking checks the tires on my Expedition (or any other mechanical issue that I have), a tough guy who spends his one day off fixing toilets, sinks, and electical wires, a tough guy who comes over and puts down new floors for me, and cuts the grass in my back yard. He is also an amazing Papaw whose grandkids all love and adore him!




“He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.” -Clarence Budington Kelland


And this quote is perfect for my husband. He has all the qualities in a man that I want my son to grow up and possess and all the qualities in a man that I want my daughter to find in a husband. I fuss occasionally about all the hours he works and how little I see him but he has this amazing ambition, drive, and work ethic to be successful, not for himself but for his family. I had no idea 8 years ago that cute boy with the crooked smile, giant dimple, and a cowboy hat would be the love of my life, and the best Daddy in the world!


 This is what always happens as soon as Daddy gets home!
 Daddy's girl!

 See what I mean about that dimple?
 There it is again!
 He even splashes around in the baby pool. 
 And lets Ethan embarrass him at Call of Duty.
And with a smile on his face lives with an obnoxious Kentucky fan and endures my abuse when his Auburn Tigers beat my Wildcats by THREE freakin' points (no I'm not still bitter)!!


Happy Father's Day Y'all! I love y'all more than you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment