Monday, October 10, 2011

Game night homemade salsa

In our house we eat, sleep, and breathe football in the fall. I always try to do fun "football food" on Monday nights (turkey tacos, grilled shrimp fajitas, homemade pita chips and salsa, etc). A few years ago my aunt and uncle were making home made salsa like crazy and after I tasted my uncle's salsa I knew that jar salsa would never satisfy me again, never mind the benefit of the fresh veggies in home made salsa the taste was in-comparable! I know some people never tackle the task of homemade salsa because I think people think it's harder than what it is but it's so so so easy.


2 tomatoes
1 jalapeno
1 bunch cilantro
1/2 yellow onion
1 lime
1 clove garlic (not pictured)
sea salt (not pictured)


Cut stems off cilantro wash and strain.




Wash jalapeno remove seeds and chop onion (not pictured).


Run the onions, jalapeno, cilantro, and garlic through a food processor. I always use the magic bullet because it's just easiest for me.


Add the pepper, cilantro, onion, garlic paste to the pan.


Dice tomatoes and run those through the food processor.


Mix all together and squeeze the juice from one lime.


Grind in sea salt to taste while simmering on low for about 20 minutes.


And chill a few hours in the fridgerator!



No comments:

Post a Comment