Monday, October 24, 2011

Makeup?

I have been asked to blog about some pretty odd topics but when I posted this picture on facebook, I was inundated with messages asking me to blog about makeup.



I am a self proclaimed makeup novice. I didn't start wearing makeup until way after all of my friends, in fact I think I was in college before I started wearing makeup. Even now I'm completely intimidated by makeup and on a regular basis I have 3 things that I use.


The Sublime Bronze is a Loreal airbrush tan. I do tan in a tanning bed but I like the airbrush finish I just feel like it evens out my skin and gives it the "airbrushed look." Some people think it gives me an orange-y color, but I spray tanned through my pregnancies and I actually love the bronze glow. I usually do this every other night, and only on my face/neck/chest area.

I use a dark brown eye liner, I think this one is black/brown. I don't use it every day but I probably do have it on in most of my pictures. I have huge eyes anyway so I could probably go without using it at all but sometimes I'll put it on anyway. I just use a little bit on my lower lash line and smudge it so it's not a harsh line.

I use black mascara and I'm never so sure about that because a lady at the cosmetic counter at Dillards told me I shouldn't use black mascara because it's "too harsh for green eyes." For the record that was unsolicited advice! 

I'm actually the one who needs makeup tips because I'd love to be able to do a smokey eye or even to make my little skinny lips look plumper or accentuate some cheek bones that I don't really have, but really y'all I'm clueless, lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment